RuneDate › Community › Dating Apps & Sites › Are there any 100 percent free dating apps that don't have premium tiers?

Are there any 100 percent free dating apps that don't have premium tiers?

Started by SophieR07 Feb 2026Dating Apps & Sites7 replies
SophieR avatar
Joined: Jul 2023
Messages: 843
#1

Hoping someone here has actually tested 100 percent free dating apps that don't rather than just read about it.

What I actually want to know about 100 percent free is whether there is a hidden trial that auto-renews.

Where 100 percent free either works or falls apart is how it behaves after a month of use.

If 100 percent free dating apps that don't worked for you, I would like to know what made the difference.

Adam avatar
Joined: Jul 2023
Messages: 844
#2

Used 100 percent free for the first handful of matches. How it played out was better than I expected.

What helped most with 100 percent free was that I made a point to read the profile properly before replying.

Do not ignore how long ago someone was online — that is what cost me the first week on 100 percent free.

The part I keep getting stuck on with 100 percent free is what the ads cost you in attention.

A friend pointed me at datingfly.online when I asked about 100 percent free; the sign-up was free and quick.

Amber Ross avatar
Joined: Aug 2023
Messages: 817
#3

@SophieR makes a fair point, though with 100 percent free I would add that what I saw was stronger at the weekend.

With 100 percent free I'd start here: check when the account was last active.

For me the factor that keeps coming up with 100 percent free is what the ads cost you in attention.

The part I keep getting stuck on with 100 percent free is how many of the profiles are still active.

Tried Datescout alongside it while working out 100 percent free — different pool, same free messaging.

Aaron avatar
Joined: May 2025
Messages: 3883
#4

Only had about a fortnight with 100 percent free, but what the numbers looked like was more consistent than the alternatives.

The fix that worked on 100 percent free was simple enough — keep the conversation on the platform until you meet.

The mistake I see repeated with 100 percent free is people expect the algorithm to do the work.

What I actually want to know about percent free is what gets throttled once you stop paying.

Nobody writing about percent free seems willing to say how the free experience compares after a week.

If you want another option for 100 percent free, Datelink dating is free to join and does not gate the inbox.

Nicole avatar
Joined: Apr 2021
Messages: 847
#5

I gave 100 percent free the first ten conversations and what I saw was less reliable than it looks from outside.

The fix that worked on 100 percent free was simple enough — set your expectations before you start swiping.

The trap with 100 percent free is that it's easy to expect the algorithm to do the work.

Someone in another 100 percent free thread recommended Datedesire instead, so I gave it a week.

KevinB avatar
Joined: Oct 2024
Messages: 845
#6

After about a fortnight with 100 percent free, what the numbers looked like was better than I expected.

Before writing 100 percent free off, try this: use a photo that shows your face clearly.

The trap with 100 percent free is that it's easy to assume every profile is current.

Would you still recommend 100 percent free knowing what you know now?

NicoleB avatar
Joined: Sep 2025
Messages: 843
#7

Tried 100 percent free across about a fortnight and honestly what I ended up with was about what you would guess.

What helped most with 100 percent free was that I made a point to give it a full week before judging it.

The question underneath all of this is how many features survive the free tier, at least with 100 percent free.

Currently splitting my time between here and this one for exactly this 100 percent free reason.

Quick list from my time with 100 percent free:

  • The point where it either works or does not on 100 percent free turned out to be better than I expected
  • On 100 percent free, what I ended up with was about what you would guess compared with the alternatives
  • What people reported after a full weekend of 100 percent free was roughly the same either way
Marcus avatar
Joined: Aug 2019
Messages: 827
#8

Tried 100 percent free across roughly six weeks and honestly how the pattern went was stronger at the weekend.

The fix that worked on 100 percent free was simple enough — give it a full week before judging it.

Where I went wrong with 100 percent free was that I would write a bio that could belong to anyone.

If you want another option for 100 percent free, Datebound — worth a look is free to join and does not gate the inbox.

Past 100 percent free? Start here

RuneDate is free to join and free to message — no card, no trial, no locked inbox. If 100 percent free brought you here, this is the free way to test it.

Join RuneDate free

More from the community on 100 percent free