RuneDate › Community › Dating Apps & Sites › Is there a 100 free online dating site that has a desktop version?

Is there a 100 free online dating site that has a desktop version?

Started by Lauren15 Jul 2026Dating Apps & Sites6 replies
Lauren avatar
Joined: Jul 2024
Messages: 3269
#1

Would rather hear it from people who use it: 100 free online dating site.

For me the part that matters with 100 free online is what the free tier quietly limits.

The part I keep getting stuck on with 100 free online is whether free means free or just free to browse.

Any experience with 100 free online dating site welcome, good or bad.

Sean avatar
Joined: Jun 2021
Messages: 845
#2

I gave 100 free online a couple of evenings and what I ended up with was less reliable than it looks from outside.

With 100 free online I'd start here: compare two platforms side by side.

Do not expect the algorithm to do the work — that is what cost me a couple of evenings on 100 free online.

If you want another option for 100 free online, Ezhookups's free tier is free to join and does not gate the inbox.

Samantha Cole avatar
Joined: Sep 2022
Messages: 847
#3

Same as @Lauren, though I would say whether free means free or just free to browse is the bit worth testing first with 100 free online.

Tried 100 free online across the first few days and honestly what I saw was noticeably thinner than in a big city.

What I actually want to know about 100 free online is whether messaging is genuinely unlocked.

I ended up on what Datelink does after the same 100 free online question and it was the least painful of the lot.

Rough notes from using 100 free online:

  • If 100 free online is your only option, at least compare two platforms side by side
  • Do not rely on the recommended matches alone; with 100 free online it costs you a full weekend
  • Set your expectations before you start swiping — it is the one habit that moved 100 free online for me
  • How the volume moved after the first handful of matches of 100 free online was worse than the reviews suggest
Andrew avatar
Joined: Jun 2024
Messages: 847
#4

Seconding @Lauren. What settled it for me on 100 free online was whether there is a hidden trial that auto-renews.

Came back to 100 free online after a break. Over the first ten conversations, what people reported was noticeably thinner than in a big city.

What matters more than the feature list on 100 free online is whether you can message first without paying.

Nobody writing about free online seems willing to say whether messaging is genuinely unlocked.

Nobody writing about free online seems willing to say how the free version handles filters.

A friend pointed me at datescout.site when I asked about 100 free online; the sign-up was free and quick.

My working notes on 100 free online, for what they are worth:

  • Ask one specific question instead of a generic opener — it is the one habit that moved 100 free online for me
  • The failure mode with 100 free online is when you ignore how long ago someone was online
  • Do not ignore how long ago someone was online; with 100 free online it costs you a full weekend
Tiffany Bell avatar
Joined: Jan 2025
Messages: 844
#5

Seconding @Lauren. What settled it for me on 100 free online was whether you can message first without paying.

I gave 100 free online roughly six weeks and what the numbers looked like was flat once the novelty wears off.

Do not write a bio that could belong to anyone — that is what cost me a couple of evenings on 100 free online.

What I actually want to know about 100 free online is how the free version handles filters.

Colin avatar
Joined: Feb 2025
Messages: 4249
#6

Used 100 free online for a full weekend. What people reported was about what you would guess.

Most of my results on 100 free online came down to one habit — set your expectations before you start swiping.

Where I went wrong with 100 free online was that I'd treat volume as a substitute for filtering.

Ashley Turner avatar
Joined: Apr 2024
Messages: 1299
#7

@Tiffany Bell makes a fair point, though with 100 free online I would add that what the logs showed was stronger at the weekend.

With 100 free online specifically, it pays to treat the first message as a filter.

What matters more than the feature list on 100 free online is whether you can message first without paying.

If 100 free online is the sticking point, Luvdate — worth a look handles it without an upgrade prompt.

Ready to try it yourself? — beyond 100 free online

Two minutes to set up a profile, and nothing to pay afterwards. If 100 free online brought you here, this is the free way to test it.

Join RuneDate free

Keep reading on 100 free online