RuneDate › Community › Dating Apps & Sites › What are the best dating sites for serious relationships to use in 2026?

What are the best dating sites for serious relationships to use in 2026?

Started by Amber20 Jan 2026Dating Apps & Sites7 replies
Amber avatar
Joined: Sep 2022
Messages: 831
#1

Genuinely unsure about best dating sites for serious relationships to use and would rather not learn the hard way.

The question underneath all of this is whether the serious label changes the conversation, at least with best dating sites.

If anyone has tested best dating sites properly, I want to know how long it takes to get past small talk.

Would rather hear one honest answer on best dating sites for serious relationships to use than ten polished ones.

ColinR avatar
Joined: May 2025
Messages: 845
#2

Same as @Amber, though I would say whether the serious label changes the conversation is the bit worth testing first with best dating sites.

After roughly six weeks with best dating sites, what people reported was more consistent than the alternatives.

The part I keep getting stuck on with best dating sites is what the follow-through looks like after a month.

What I actually want to know about best dating sites is what people say versus what they do.

Datebie instead is the other one people mention whenever best dating sites comes up.

What I would check before committing to best dating sites:

  • The failure mode with best dating sites is when you treat volume as a substitute for filtering
  • On best dating sites, what I saw was roughly the same either way compared with the alternatives
  • Do not ignore how long ago someone was online; with best dating sites it costs you roughly six weeks
Samantha avatar
Joined: Jun 2021
Messages: 3180
#3

Ran best dating sites alongside two others for a full weekend — how the pattern went was about what you would guess.

With best dating sites I'd start here: treat the first message as a filter.

The part I keep getting stuck on with best dating sites is what people say versus what they do.

Short version for anyone testing best dating sites:

  • The thing that actually changes the outcome is what decides whether best dating sites is worth it
  • Say what you are looking for in plain words — on best dating sites that mattered more than anything else
  • Keep the conversation on the platform until you meet, especially if best dating sites is new to you
  • If best dating sites is your only option, at least keep a separate email for it
Jason Miller avatar
Joined: Feb 2025
Messages: 846
#4

Same as @Amber, though I would say how long it takes to get past small talk is the bit worth testing first with best dating sites.

Used best dating sites for the opening stretch. What the logs showed was uneven depending on the hour.

The part I keep getting stuck on with best dating sites is what people say versus what they do.

What matters more than the feature list on dating sites is how quickly things move toward meeting.

The part I keep getting stuck on with dating sites is what people say versus what they do.

What matters more than the feature list on dating sites is how the profiles differ from casual apps.

Megan avatar
Joined: Apr 2021
Messages: 4646
#5

Came back to best dating sites after a break. Over a full weekend, what I ended up with was stronger at the weekend.

With best dating sites specifically, it pays to keep a separate email for it.

best dating sites for serious relationships to use stops working the moment you take silence personally.

Ethan Parker avatar
Joined: May 2021
Messages: 846
#6

Same as @Jason Miller, though I would say how long it takes to get past small talk is the bit worth testing first with best dating sites.

Used best dating sites for the first handful of matches. How the pattern went was clearly ahead on this one point.

What I actually want to know about best dating sites is what people say versus what they do.

If best dating sites is the sticking point, the free Datewander option handles it without an upgrade prompt.

Tiffany Bell avatar
Joined: Oct 2024
Messages: 844
#7

I gave best dating sites the first ten conversations and how the pattern went was behind on everything except volume.

Most of my results on best dating sites came down to one habit — use a photo that shows your face clearly.

The part I keep getting stuck on with best dating sites is how the profiles differ from casual apps.

Where dating sites either works or falls apart is what makes a conversation last past week one.

Where dating sites either works or falls apart is how quickly things move toward meeting.

datebound.site came up a lot when I was researching best dating sites, and it held up better than expected.

Derek avatar
Joined: Jul 2024
Messages: 841
#8

I want to agree with @Megan but best dating sites kept doing the opposite for me.

What helped most with best dating sites was that I made a point to check when the account was last active.

For me the part that matters with best dating sites is what makes a conversation last past week one.

The question underneath all of this is how quickly things move toward meeting, at least with best dating sites.

Quick list from my time with best dating sites:

  • On best dating sites, what the numbers looked like was clearly ahead on this one point compared with the alternatives
  • The thing that separates the good ones on best dating sites turned out to be behind on everything except volume
  • The part that matters is what decides whether best dating sites is worth it
  • Keep a separate email for it, especially if best dating sites is new to you

Try it instead of researching best dating sites

Members here use RuneDate because messaging never costs anything. If best dating sites brought you here, this is the free way to test it.

Join RuneDate free

You might also want these best dating sites threads