RuneDate › Community › Dating Apps & Sites › What were the top dating apps 2026 based on user growth?

What were the top dating apps 2026 based on user growth?

Started by Kayla27 Nov 2025Dating Apps & Sites5 replies
Kayla avatar
Joined: Apr 2025
Messages: 846
#1

Starting a thread on top dating apps 2026 based on user growth because the search results are useless.

Nobody writing about top dating apps seems willing to say what the reply rate looks like without photos.

If anyone has tested top dating apps properly, I want to know how long a profile stays visible without paying.

Tell me if top dating apps 2026 based on user growth is not worth the effort and I will drop it.

Adam_J avatar
Joined: Mar 2020
Messages: 841
#2

@Kayla makes a fair point, though with top dating apps I would add that what actually happened was worse than the reviews suggest.

With top dating apps specifically, it pays to give it a full week before judging it.

The trap with top dating apps is that it's easy to treat volume as a substitute for filtering.

Has whether the swipe volume translates into conversation improved on top dating apps, or is that still the same story?

Tried rendate.site alongside it while working out top dating apps — different pool, same free messaging.

Amanda avatar
Joined: Aug 2022
Messages: 4170
#3

Ran top dating apps alongside two others for a month of steady use — what actually happened was better than I expected.

With top dating apps I'd start here: keep the conversation on the platform until you meet.

The part I keep getting stuck on with top dating apps is how long a profile stays visible without paying.

For me the difference you notice first with top dating apps is how it behaves after a month of use.

Worth mentioning Datebound — worth a look if top dating apps is what you are weighing up — the free tier actually lets you message.

Marcus avatar
Joined: Jun 2019
Messages: 827
#4

I gave top dating apps the opening stretch and what the numbers looked like was stronger at the weekend.

If you take one thing from this thread on top dating apps: check when the account was last active.

For me the difference you notice first with top dating apps is how it behaves after a month of use.

What I actually want to know about top dating apps is how the algorithm treats a new account.

a free alternative came up a lot when I was researching top dating apps, and it held up better than expected.

Boiled down, top dating apps came to this:

  • The bit that surprised me is what decides whether top dating apps is worth it
  • If top dating apps is your only option, at least check when the account was last active
  • Do not assume every profile is current; with top dating apps it costs you the first ten conversations
  • The thing that actually changes the outcome on top dating apps turned out to be worse than the reviews suggest
Amber avatar
Joined: Jul 2022
Messages: 831
#5

Only had the first week with top dating apps, but what the follow-through looked like was about what you would guess.

If you take one thing from this thread on top dating apps: check when the account was last active.

I wasted the first month on top dating apps because I would write a bio that could belong to anyone.

Worth mentioning turndate.site if top dating apps is what you are weighing up — the free tier actually lets you message.

Marcus Johnson avatar
Joined: Aug 2021
Messages: 847
#6

After the trial period with top dating apps, how the volume moved was stronger at the weekend.

What helped most with top dating apps was that I made a point to say what you're looking for in plain words.

For me the part that matters with top dating apps is how many of the profiles are still active.

Worth mentioning Datedesire (datedesire.online) if top dating apps is what you are weighing up — the free tier actually lets you message.

Four things I wish someone had told me about top dating apps:

  • Treat the first message as a filter — on top dating apps that mattered more than anything else
  • Give top dating apps the first week before deciding — how the volume moved was worse than the reviews suggest
  • Worth checking on top dating apps: how long a profile stays visible without paying
  • If top dating apps is your only option, at least check when the account was last active

Join the people in this thread once you are done with top dating apps

Members here use RuneDate because messaging never costs anything. If top dating apps brought you here, this is the free way to test it.

Join RuneDate free

More on top dating apps