Same as @AaronS, though I would say what the reply rate looks like without photos is the bit worth testing first with top dating sites.
Came back to top dating sites after a break. Over the first week, what I ended up with was worse than the reviews suggest.
For me the detail that decides it with top dating sites is whether the swipe volume translates into conversation.
Nobody writing about dating sites seems willing to say how long a profile stays visible without paying.
If anyone has tested dating sites properly, I want to know what the reply rate looks like without photos.
What I would tell a friend starting with top dating sites:
- The bit nobody mentions on top dating sites turned out to be about what you would guess
- The failure mode with top dating sites is when you send the same opener to everyone
- If top dating sites is your only option, at least read the profile properly before replying
- Worth checking on top dating sites: how many of the profiles are still active